Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nail of the Day IV

Another Nail of the Day!

Well, basically its 4 in 1.

I really have 5 fingers!:-)





So when I was at dm the other day. I bought two new things by essence.

*colour & go nailpolish in 39 lime up!

*nail art stampy designs in 02 style it up!

I was really excited to try the animal prints on this bright green nail polish.

Turned out, it wasn't quite that easy...

It took some time until I finally found a nailpolish that would stick to the stamp. The one I used is from the p2 limited edition meet me at 12:30 in 020 dramatic green. That's a dark green with some shimmer in it. You can see on the picture that the pattern doesn't show up as much as black would have. But I don't have a black nailpolish.

I have used the essence nail art stampy set before and everything was fine back then. I really don't know what the problem was.

Fingers 2,3 & 4 have a pattern from the stampy design plate on them. On the second picture you can see that the lower left pattern has no number. This pattern just didn't want to stick to the stamp! I tried different polishes and cleaned it up with nail polish remover each time. There was always a part in the middle of the pattern that didn't stick. Finally, I gave up...

On finger 1 & 5 I used the p2 crackling coat in 010 black explosion. I really like the result! It's a great contrast of these two colours.

Have you used nail stamps? How did it work out for you? I could show you how to use the stampy set if you want to. Let me know and leave me a comment. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment