Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lip Tints

Hey everybody!

Today I want to show you a comparison of two lip tints.

One is the Perfect Stay Transferproof Lip Tint & Care by Astor in the colour151 Blushing Rose.
The secon one is the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstain.

Let's start with the Astor lip tint:

This is the packaging:


You apply the tint with a tip that looks like a felt pen. Really easy to use.

Here's a swatch of the colour:


I have to say that I was quite surprised that the colour looked that red. I mean blushing rose isn't that intense, at least that's what I thought.

So you basically paint in the colour and let it dry. Then you use the included balm and put that on your lips.

Your lips look then something like that:


Totally a deep red, not blushing rose.

These are the benefits according to Astor: Doesn’t transfer / Doesn’t rub off / Doesn’t smear

Sounds great. Right?!

Well, let me show you this:

Definitely not kiss-proof!



This is what you get when you drink out of a water bottle. I would say it transferred a lot! Not nice to look at!
You should probably skip the balm to make the colour last longer. But I haven't tried that.

Now to the Maybelline tint.

Here's the packaging:


It comes without a balm. And it smells really great. Like rasberry.

Here's a swatch of the two in comparison:


Tender Rose is only a hint darker and pinker than my natural lip colour.



Kiss-Proof?



Well, nearly.

Water-bottle test:


Colour transfers but the difference is not as evident as with the Astor lip tint.I think that is mainly due to the similarity to my natural lip colour.

If I had to choose between the two, I would opt for Maybelline. The results are better and if I recall this right, it was cheaper than the Astor. Something around 7€.

Hope this helped you! Leave a comment!





No comments:

Post a Comment