Friday, September 16, 2011

Clinique chubby stick

Hey everybody!

Today I want to show one of the chubby sticks by Clinique. It is a moisturizing lip colour balm. Something I already know, but not in that form and not in that colour selection. The form is like a big pencil and there are six colours available. As all Clinique products are quite expensive, this one is no exception. The price is 19,-€. Which I luckily did not have to pay as my mum got this for her birthday.;-)




The colour is called 06 woppin' watermelon. (A little side note: Can somebody actually tell me what woppin' means? I tried to find the word but saw it nowhere.)

The application is fairly easy. The pigmentation is not very good as it is neither a lipstick nor a lip stain. You basically get a lip balm with colour.

Here's a swatch:

You see?! Just a  hint of colour.

Here is the colour on my lips:


I tried to build up the intensity, so I put a second coat on:


It is slightly darker but you have so much product on your lips, not nice...

Would I buy this? Yes, if I had extra money to spend. But I don't. As I said application is really easy and you can select between six shades.

Here you can take a look at the colours: English / German
As I just checked the English website, I discovered that there are actually eight colours available. On the German website there are only six.

Are you going to buy a chubby stick?



No comments:

Post a Comment