Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Nails - Two in One


Hey everybody!

Here are the nails I am going to wear tonight for Halloween:



I couldn't decide between the two designs, so I went for both - each on one hand.

'Mummy':

I saw this design on youtube. It basically is water marbeling, then add a black stripe and the eyes.
Here is the original video:




These are the polishes I used:


Try to use nudes or browns. If you can, avoid glitter polishes as they are not as opaque. I used them as I didn't have any others. White nail polish as a base helps a lot.

Water marbeling takes me so long. That's why I don't do it often. And it can become a mess...


I think the mummies turned out pretty nice. A little more yellow, but that makes them look even more sandy...!:-)

'Blood Splatter'

Another design that I have seen on youtube. And it is so easy and simple. The mess is far less than with water marbeling.

I think the reason why the mummy design was so messy is that I didn't put tape around my nails. If you don't know how to do it, watch this video.

Here is how to do it:


This time I used tape! ;-) (You can also see my mess from the water marbelling!:-))



It was so much fun, that I have to try this with different or even multiple colours.

This is the red I used:


  • p2 color victiom nailpolish in 120 it's hot!
It's probably the best to use a red without glitter. Makes it more realistic...

When blowing through the straw, you have to blow hard and short. If you use lots of polish to dip the straw in, it becomes easier. Another thing I found, is that you better don't go too close to your nail with the straw as you will get these spots with lots of colour. I mean, they look good but they take forever to dry. Do some test runs to get a feeling for it.



I like them.

Actually, I like both of the design. I am wearing the mummies on my left and the blood on my right hand. Let's see if anyone notices tonight.


Happy Halloween everybody!




No comments:

Post a Comment