Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Eve Make up

Hi everyone!
As promised, here is my New Years Eve Make up.




I went for a really glittery eye and a dark blue eye shadow.

Here are the colours I used:


From the Sleek Storm palette I used the gold colour all over my lid. The I used the dark blue in my crease. As I found the blue a little bit too dark I used a blue from another palette. This one:


It is the Zoeva Ultra Shimmer Palette.
The blue really made the difference. I applied it over the dark blue and they mixed to a quite nice colour. On my lower lash line I applied this blue to the outer two thirds and to the inner third I applied the metallic dark green.

As I wanted to use my new essence crystalliced glitter froster, I had to think of a way to make it stick to my lid. Something like the glitter glue by too faced would have been perfect. But I don't own something like that. I ended up using a cream eye shadow by essence in the colour 'raise the curtain for...'.  I dipped a Q-tip in the glitter and dabbed it over the cream shadow.

I finished the look with an eye liner and lots of mascara. To make the look more smoky I also used a black kajal to line my upper and lower inner lash line.

For my cheeks I used a Sleek blush:



It is in the colour rose gold. As a highlighter I used the one from the essence circus, circus LE.

On my lips I wore a nude lip gloss by MNY.

One tip if you go for a bold eye with glitter: Apply your make up and concealer after you are finished with your eyes. The glitter will be everywhere and you can just take a make up wipe and wipe any fallout away without ruining your carefully applied foundation and concealer.

Hope you liked this little tutorial. If you have you New Years Eve Make up look on your blog, leave me a link in the comments below.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your make up looked fab! I love glittery eye looks, especially at this time of year! I really want to try some Essence products but I don't think they're available in the UK :(

    I've been meaning to pick up Sleek's Rose Gold for the longest time, it looks so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete