Sunday, August 19, 2012

Tinted chapstick comaprison

Hey everybody,

as it is in style to wear sheer lip colours, I think tinted chapsticks are a great alternative to buying sheer lipsticks.

I had a couple of them laying around so I thought I’d do a little comparison. They are all different regarding colour pay off.

Unbenannt-1

These are the four. Blistex, Burt’s Bees in Hibiscus, Maybelline popstick in 030 pink lollipop and one by bebe.

Unbenannt-3

On this picture you can see that they look very different but swatched they are kind of similar.

Unbenannt-2

Blistex: Looks really nautral, but tastes awful when you get it in your mouth.

Burt’s Bees: Great colour pay off, but enhances every line of you lip if too much product is applied. Tastes not as bad as the Blistex one. Quite expensive for a chapstick, I think around 7 to 8 €.

Maybelline: Close to zero colour pay off on the lips. Only an occassional sparkle. Leaves a waxy finish on the lips. Way too expensive (about 9€!!) for what it does. You basically pay for the packaging, which is, I have to admit, kind of cute.

bebe: At the moment my favourite. Gives of a light pink colour and shine. Doesn’t taste weird.

Hope this helped you. All of these are currently available in drugstores, like dm or Müller. I am sure there are more on the market. These were just the ones I had,

Do you use tinted chapsticks? Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment