Friday, December 28, 2012

OPI – Lincoln Park After Dark 2in1 | NOTD

Hey guys,

hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Mine was nice, spend some time with my family and relatives. Now that Christmas is over, it’s time to think about New Years Eve. Do you already know what you’ll be wearing? Well, I don’t. But here is an idea for your nails.

I started out with two coats of Lincoln Park After Dark. I got the miniature version in a GlossyBox. I never really tried the colour, so I thought it was about time.

opi lincoln park after dark

Yes, I know, I already have some tip wear, but we’ll come to that later. First the colour. It is a really, really dark aubergine. You can see the aubergine only on the edges. The rest looks nearly black. I had to apply two coats, The first one looked absolutely ugly. It was not possible to get a smooth surface. Maybe that was also due to the mini brush. Anyway, I applied a second coat and everything was alright.

The polish started to chip quite early. Especially on my right hand, as I’m right-handed. As I didn’t want to take the polish off completely I looked for another possibility to hide my chipped nails.

Here is what I did:

opi lincoln park after dark essence glitter topper carrie

I used a glitter topper to hide them. I wanted to create kind of a glitter gradient. With the most glitter on the top. The glitter top coat I used was the essence nail art glitter topper in the colour carrie. Sadly, it’s not available anymore…

The two polishes fit perfect. The only thing that happened, was that you get quite thick nails as you layer the polish. But that was okay.

I love the look!

What do you do if your nails chip? Take the whole thing off or come up with a way to hide them?

No comments:

Post a Comment